SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR COMPLETE LIST OF UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND TO REGISTER:
THESE WORKSHOPS are designed to CHANGE LIVES in the person with Parkinson's Disease!
IN THESE WORKSHOPS, YOU'LL LEARN
While Parkinson’s Disease (PD) can be debilitating, there is plenty of compelling data to show that exercise is one of the best ways of managing PD symptoms. Studies show that regular exercise can improve gait, grip, balance, stability, strength, and motor control in the PD client.
In addition, this improvement in movement and mobility helps to reduce falls, injuries, and various other complications of the disease in the PD client.
LEVEL 1 WORKSHOP: (.7 NASM/AFAA CEC APPROVED) includes 4+ hours of hands-on/interactive learning
Learn and gain a solid understanding of:
- What is Parkinson’s Disease (PD)?
- Who gets Parkinson’s Disease?
- What are the symptoms of PD? (motor and non-motor symptoms)
- How does PD affect strength, movement, mobility, stability, flexibility, cognitive function, posture, and overall functionality?
- What can people with PD be doing to manage disease symptoms and reduce or eliminate falls and injury?
- How can caregivers, home health aides, and others to help the person with PD?
- Learn how the brain can be retrained to improve and help restore neuromuscular communication, cognitive function, and cognitive function during movement (while simultaneously activating proprioceptive awareness along with the vestibular and visual systems).
Through hands on application, learn optimal exercises that will help the person with PD to improve:
- Mobility and movement
- Overall functionality
LEVEL 2 WORKSHOP: (.7 NASM/AFAA CEC APPROVED) includes intensive hands-on/interactive learning
- Advanced Neurological Fall Risk Assessments
- Advance Myofascial Release Techniques to Improve Flexibility and Work Towards Relieving Some Rigidity
- Advanced Cognitive Training / Dual Tasking / Prolem Solving Training Techniques to Improve Movement, Mobility, Overall Functionality, and Reduce Falls
- Advanced Techniques to Simultaneously Activate Visual and Vestibular Systems While Exercising on a Proprioceptively Enriched Environment (to stimulate deeper brain activation)
- Discover the Many Benefits of Group Fitness Training for the Person with Parkinson’s
- Learn Dozens of Effective Group Fitness Training Techniques
- Learn Advantages of Virtual/Augmented Reality Training
- The Power of Music During Exercise for People with PD
- Voice Training Techniques
We look forward to seeing you at a workshop soon!
Saturday & Sunday, February 10 & 11, 2018 Level 1 & 2 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
DC Fit 10: 1221 Connecticut Ave. NW Washington, D.C.
TRAINERS: PAY IN FULL - $450 (SAVE $149 NOW THRU 1/21/18- REG PRICE $599) ONLY 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE
People with PD and caregivers: $349 per person with PD (bring a caregiver at no extra cost) - register here (pay in full) (ONLY 5 SPOTS AVAILABLE)
London, U.K. Workshop:
26 March, 2018: 10:00am-16:00pm (*FREE ADMISSION, but REGISTRATION REQUIRED as this event is filling VERY QUICKLY)
The Historic Dockyard, ME4 4TZ Chatham, Medway (exact venue TBA soon!)
Denver / Littleton, Colorado:
Saturday & Sunday, April 14 & 15, 2018 Level 1 & 2 (8:30am - 4:30pm)
Project MOVE: 4925 S. Santa Fe Dr. #100 Littleton, Colorado
TRAINERS: PAY IN FULL - $450 (SAVE $149 NOW THRU 3/1/18- REG PRICE $599)
People with PD and caregivers: $349 per person with PD (bring a caregiver at no extra cost) - register here (pay in full)
April 18, 2018: Teaching Fall Reduction Workshop with Dr. Alfonso Fasano (more info TBA)
Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29, 2018 (9:00-5:00pm)
Biofitness: Calle : Nicolas
Avellandeda 787 - Cordoba Capital
Cuidad: Cordoba Capital, Argentina
San Diego, CA:
Saturday & Sunday, July 28 & 29, 2018 Level 1 & 2 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Movement Reborn: 5830 Oberlin Dr. Suite#100, San Diego, CA 92121
TRAINERS: PAY IN FULL - $450 (SAVE $149 NOW THRU 5/15/18- REG PRICE $599)
Saturday, January 28, 2017 Level 1 (8:30am - 4:30pm) Powerhouse Gym, St. Clair Shores, MI
Saturday, February 4, 2017 Level 1 (8:00am - 4:00pm) Squar 1 Wellness, Baldwinsville, NY
Saturday & Sunday, February 25 & 26, 2017 Level 1 & 2 (8:30am - 4:30pm) Joanne's BODY & BREAD
176 South Van Brunt Street Englewood, NJ
** Friday, March 10, 2017 Level 1 (9:00am - 5:00pm) Chainstore Parkour Academy,
Trinity Buoy Wharf, London
Saturday, March 18 & Sunday, March 19, 2017 Level 1 and Level 2 (9:00am - 5:00pm) Fitness Foundation, Royse City, TX
Glenwood Springs, CO:
Friday, March 24, 2017 Level 2 (8:30am - 4:30pm) Midland Fitness, Glenwood Springs, Colorado
West Chester, PA:
Sunday, May 21, 2017 Level 1 (8:00am - 4:00pm) Kinetic Physical Therapy
1130 McDermott Drive West Chester , PA 19380
Saturday, June 10, 2017 Level 1 (8:30am - 4:30pm) YMCA
97 State Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152
Boothbay Harbor, Maine:
Saturday, July 22, 2017 Level 1 (9:00am - 5:00pm) Boothbay Region YMCA,
261 Townsend Ave. Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Saturday, August 5, 2017 Level 2 (8:30am - 4:30pm) Powerhouse Gym, St. Clair Shores, MI
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ($175 .7 NASM / 7 AFAA CEC's)
Saturday, 23rd of September, 2017 Level 2 (10am - 3:00pm) Chainstore Parkour Academy,
Trinity Buoy Wharf, London - Trainer CEC workshop
Sunday, October 8, 2017 Level 1 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
The Body Blueprint and Movement Lab, 124 King St. (3A), Cohasset, MA
Monday, October 16, 2017 Level 1 (NOON - 4:00pm)
Cottonwood Creek Church, 1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX
Saturday, October 21, 2017 Level 1 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Nutree Fitness, 503 N.38th St. Killeen, TX
November 10 & 11, 2017: Parkinson's Regeneration Training Workshop for fitness professionals and physio's,
people with Parkinson's and caregivers.